Clever Birds Australia

My photo
Grafton, NSW, Australia
My aim is to help people and their birds through advice and information. Birds are very clever. Read this blog to learn tips to make you bird clever!, Hi my name is Kim. I keep a variety of very Clever Birds! I keep Australian native and exotic parrots. Cockatiels I guess fill up more space than any others in my garden and bird room. I show my cockatiels and have a breeding program for a rare mutation which appeared in the latest "A Guide To Cockatiels" book, written up by Dr Terry Martin who is a world famous bird geneticist. A photo of my bird showed the unusual feather patterning and colour. Budgerigars were my first bird and I keep the show budgies and Bush Budgies. My interest is in breeding unusual colours.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Escaped Cockatiels

I get a lot of enquiries about pet cockatiels escaping and what to do. When a bird escapes a cage or flys from its house it will usually panic of course and fly wildly around in circles. It will usually also call you over and over again. Clues from this behaviour are to LISTEN while walking around your house yard and house block. It will quite often land in a neighbour's yard. For this reason it is a good idea to do a leaflet drop and or door knock the area to let folk know that you are missing your bird. An advertisement in the local paper and on key websites like The Pet Directory website will quite often have your phone ringing.

No comments:

 

Clever Birds

The Pet Directory